You HAVE to check this out.. it is a CWOT
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
- Jon Thomson (born 1969) and Alison Craighead (born 1971) are London-based visual-artists, who work with video, sound and the Internet.
- Jon Thomson was born in London, England and Alison Craighead in Aberdeen, Scotland.
They have been working together with video, sound and the Internet since 1993.
- Much of their work to date explores how technology changes the way we perceive the world around us.
- They use live data to make artworks, including "template cinema online artworks" and gallery installations, where networked movies are created in real time from online material such as remote-user security web cams, audio feeds and chat room text transcripts.
- Recently (as of 2008) they have made outdoor semi-permanent works, Decorative Newsfeeds and BEACON, where the emphasis is on how live virtual information might interact with physical public space.
- In 2008 they made an animated documentary, Flat Earth, where the voices of bloggers found online are combined with public domain satellite imagery.
Flat Earth is one of Thomson & Craigheads short films. Flat Earth is a desktop documentary, which takes the viewer on a seven minute trip around the world so that we encounter a series of fragments taken from real peoples' blogs. These fragments are knitted together to form a kind of story or singular narrative.
The link to this film is http://www.thomson-craighead.net/docs/warfilm.htmlm, and i have also uploaded the clip to my blog.
Monday, May 18, 2009
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
This week in Digi Lit, we learned about having an 'Online Presence'.
3 Examples of this are:
- A C.V (Having a C.V online means that anybody can access it from anywhere and it can be done instantly from a computer).
- Portfolio (By having a portfolio online means that anybody can access it from anywhere at anytime really easily, you can get your name out there as an artist and use it to promote yourself).
- Information online (So, when you are overseas, you can still have a space online to help you access information from any computer, and you can show people your work etc).
I think that having just a general online space is important and really useful. By having an online presence you can easily show people images of anything, videos you are into, images of your art work, and if you go overseas you can still access it from over there. A blog or a website is a really nice and easy was of having a space, and you can design it and make it your own.
I have decided to use Google Sites for my Online presence!!